Wednesday 28 January 2015

Sharing my POV: USB to DAC

Hi,



I'm here to share my point of view about using USB to DAC.



I had a DAC which connected via USB to my PC.

The problem I had with when connecting with USB to DAC, when I'm exporting a photos from LightRoom or playing games,

at times it will cut-off the connection and back for about 1/2sec.

Or even while playing music on locally, there will be some kind of jerky sound while I exporting photos from LR.

Cuts-off as in no music at that point for about 1 or 2 sec and even jerky sound.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm not good in explaining)



What I did, instead of using USB, I used a toslink out from my motherboard & connect directly to my DAC.

Well, it work without any issues at all.



BTW, I always wanted to have a good gaming sound card. I owned a creative SB before and it is good.

The creative work well with gaming as you can really hear the surround and footsteps etc.

To improve that, I did purchased a Creative Zseries just for my headphones for gaming only.

Which work super great :)



Here is my connection now.. (Perfect sound to DAc and to Headphone for Gaming)

Creative Z series-> ACM -> Headphones

Creative Zseries -> Toslink -> DAC



This setup is the work best for me now..





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1GWkSjz

No comments:

Post a Comment