Sunday 26 October 2014

Wireless Extender Enquires

I am currently using a modem provided by singtel and is connected to OpeNet and MioTV. My problem is that when i was in my room, my devices have a weak signal and sometimes couldnt even connect to the WiFi. The range from the modem to my room is est. at around 10-15 meter and there is 1-2 walls in between. So i called singtel general enquiry, they suggested me to purchase a wireless range extender. After researched on various product on that, confusion still strikes me. I wanted to get something that are useful and suitable to solve my problem at a budgeted price.



And now, im currently looking at this 3 model; ASUS EA N66, Netgear EX6100 and Apple AirPort Express.



My intention was to purchase the ASUS EA N66 until i came across a bad review regarding the model and that hold me back and started to look into the other two models.



My questions is that, are range extender really able to solve my problem? Will they be any internet speed loss when using the extender? Is there any difference between a Range booster and a Range extender? Are all these models compatible to connect to my singtel modem? Is there any other better model/brand around? I saw something about wireless home plug, what is it actually?



My plan is that either i place the extender beside the modem using cable or place the extender in my room connecting it to the modem wirelessly. My room doesnt have a port for me to connect to nor a cable long enough to connect all the way from the OpeNet to my room.



I have a budget of around SGD150.



All helps are appreciated and i hope i will get some experienced or professional advices from fellow forumers.



Thanks





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1CJW6vF

No comments:

Post a Comment