Friday 31 October 2014

I'm getting severe interference in my audio setup

Dear bros,



I'm having a very perplexing problem with my audio setup. My headphones / headphone amp is picking up a radio signal when nothing is played in my system.



Audio setup:



Playback software: J River Media Centre 20

Power Conditioning: Isotek Evo 3 Power Conditioners and Power Cables

Cables: A mix of XLR and RCA cables

DAC: Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC

Headphone Amp: ifi Audio iCan v2

Headphone: HD800



Connection scheme:



- Sennheiser HD800 connected to iCan with stock cables

- iCan connected to Mytek DAC via RCA with Amphenol connectors

- Mytek DAC connected to desktop via Cardas Clear USB cable

- Software is J River MC20



Problem:



- The gain on the iCan v2 is +10dB

- When no music is played and with the iCan volume set to minimum, I can hear a great deal of static

- If I listen intently, some of the static seems to be an English Radio station (can hear human voice)



- The noise disappears when I remove the gain of the iCan to 0dB

- The noise disappears once I start playing music (when gain is at 10dB)



Can anyone pinpoint the source of the problem? This is very strange - I don't encounter such noise on my speakers (in fact, it's dead silent).



Thank you everyone!





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1udoIid

No comments:

Post a Comment