Saturday 31 May 2014

HOOT! CM Storm Pitch Personal Review

Just bought this last week! :lol: Backstory : I had been trying to hunt for a IEM to complement my Xiaomi Pistons that does sounds decent has a decent microphone inside and doesn't cost too much and when I was in Cybermind a few weeks back I found what I was looking for, the Pitch!







Pretty featureless box but the use of shiny logos really makes the box stand out but the great thing is how the earpieces are displayed on the box







CM goes on and on about the specs but forgets to put the package contents? Nuts. Shame on that exclusion. And actually every CM Storm product I have bought came without a package content list.







Package Contents.

A soft pouch that also closes or opens "automatically"

The IEMs themselves. The use of gunmetal gray is epic.

3.5mm TRRS Y-splitter for use on PC and 3 sets of earbuds.

(Note : the earbuds on it are mine, they are custom fit earbuds for my enormous earhole :P)







The TRRS jack for use with your phone. Great for skype on the move





Of course since this is mobile-centric a call button must at least be present





Details like CM Storm's logo is a nice touch







A look in the IEM



Aesthetics : I think it looks great. The use of red cables though ... makes me feel it's a Beats wannabe. Or not. The IEMs as previous mentioned are doused in gunmetal gray paint which gives it a premium feel. Of course it's not the most premium premium feel out there but it's good enough.



Performance :

The cable is 1.2m which sounds long but it actually isn't. It's just the nice length for use on the go or at home

Of course it isn't a Xiaomi Piston nor was I expecting it to be but it does sound decent but it has to be said, bass is tight which is nice but it lacks all oomph and is rather harsh.

Not as harsh as my Piston but it has less oomph than the Piston making it sound like it's emphasized on mid-range and mid-bass which makes it a tad muddy with my library of tracks like anything from fripSide (post-2009) but it does well with Battlefield 4 and my trance tracks.



So if you are using this to listen to music preferably a -3dB dip in treble and -4dB mid-treble as well as a increase in +2dB increase in bass.



Is it a beats wannabe? Absolutely NOT. A beats in-ear has very loose bass and it sounds like it's all over the place while this doesn't.



Build quality :

The connector and the IEMs are great but the headset button is not. It feels cheap but at least not as cheap as a Razer Hammerhead which costs quite a lot more too.

I always slam Razer as though I'm a fanboy but the truth of it is that Razer is a hell lot of branding and nothing much else these days



Pros :

Good build quality

Decent price at $49

Actually complements my Xiaomi Pistons.

Tight bass



Cons :

Lack of package contents on the box

Tight bass (Subjective)



I give this IEM a 7/10 score. It doesn't make the full 10/10 because it has it's cons and because it's a IEM. Tradeoffs are to be made but if I was scoring it against IEMs it's a 8/10



Would I recommend it to a gamer on the move? Hell yeah I do.





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/TNPc9F

No comments:

Post a Comment