Thursday 29 May 2014

Hoot! CM Storm's Aluminum Series (CM Storm Reaper)





Just wish to share the new gaming peripherals I had recently purchased. Recently I posted the personal review of the CoolerMaster CM Storm Mech Mechanical keyboard.



Today I am sharing my review and impression on the CoolerMaster CM Storm Reaper gaming mouse.





CoolerMaster CM Storm Reaper




For my new setup, I had decided to use CoolerMaster's CM Storm Aluminum Series of gaming products. Reason for opting this series of gaming peripherals from CoolerMaster is because they have removable plates which I might be able to work on some mods on them as well as they looked really well built.



Reason I decided on the CM Storm Reaper gaming mouse is because of the great quality I had seen in this series of gaming peripherals by CoolerMaster.







Skipping the technical details of the mouse, this review is more of the first impression as well as built which I think is more practical (Personally I dont bump my DPI to more than 3200).



CM Storm Reaper has a total of 8 Programmable buttongs which is more than enough for my gaming needs.







The games I played are Diablo 3, DOTA 2, Titanfall, BF4 and some RTS such as Starcraft 2 and Company of Heros 2.



The programmable buttons can be saved into 4 different profiles which are saved onto the Reaper's onboard memory itself. This is actually very good as I do game on my laptop as well. I could just plug the Reaper from my main rig and just use it on my laptop with all the profiles.





CoolerMaster CM Storm Reaper Unboxed










In terms of ergonomics, CM Storm Reaper is really good for users who use the Palm holding method. The buttons are also well spread out and my thumbs had no issues reaching the buttons.



Even my wife who has small hands, she has no issues handling the mouse.







CM Storm Reaper's side button could be seen at the picture above. Beside the common forward/Backward buttons, the Clutch button could be seen in the picture.



The extra button could be programmed as well. This is extremely useful in some games which you will want to bind the button to certain skills.



The Clutch button is huge enough so one should have no issues reaching the button.







The CM Storm Reaper has a aluminum plate which is removable. So user could able to mod it, paint it or cover with Carbon Fibre sticker to have a custom look to it.







Beside the rear plate is made of aluminum, the scroll wheel is also seems to make of metal as well. The metallic wheel has a very nice texture which I love it a lot. Comparing to rubber textured ones, CM Storm's Reaper scroll wheels is a lot better in terms of control as well as feel.



At front of the CM Reaper, there are also two LED vent holes which will emits white LEDs. I love white LEDs as it can easily fit into any other color themes of PC setup. I would appreciate if CM Storm would come with RGB LEDs which I think a lot of people would welcome that as well.



Lastly, CM Storm Reaper is using gold plated USB as well as braided cable. This is a very nice touch as I really love braided cables.







Overall, I am really happy and pleased with CoolerMaster CM Storm Reaper gaming mouse.



This is my very first CoolerMaster gaming mouse which I had purchased and I am glad I did. In terms of quality as well as ergonomics of the mouse itself, I felt it can easily rival some other major brands.



Stay tune for the last of the CM Storm Aluminum series of gaming peripharel's review, CM Storm Pulse-R.





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1jML9Ux

No comments:

Post a Comment