Wednesday 26 November 2014

HELP! Need Help to combine cable modem and fibre modem

Hello Expert,

I need help from expert in networking equipments and configuration, I need your help that now Starhub give me free Fibre Modem Huawei Echolife HG8240H GPON Terminal, which at present I am on Starhub MaxOnLine Express 50MB plan, they told me it is free until my contract end, which is next year Dec. Mean 1 year free trial.

But I am having Gigaswitch TP-Link SG1016D 16 ports, which are connected to MaxOnLine modem output to all my printers; devices and 5 computers, the modem also has online phone connection which cost around $2/month.

The Technician who come to install the fibre modem told me that it is not a router, if I want to connect to wireless or switch, I need to have a router, I try using my old Linksys BEFSR41 cable/DSL router with 4 ports, and connected to PC can only download 5MB, but if connect direct to PC , it give about 95MB upload & download. And if I connect the fibre modem output direct to the same gigaswitch TP-Link, it does not increase the download & upload which is 26MB /1.1MB, although my subscription is 50MB.

I remember I read some where from forum that it is possible to combine both cable modem and fibre modem to gigaswitch, that will give the data download/upload increase, but my old Linksys router seem not suitable for fibre modem.

I think I need to buy some special router non wireless for fibre modem to combine with cable modem, which by the way it is CISCO DPC3925 from Starhub also.

Since all my home system are wired network connected, no wireless, which I don’t know, so not using, so I need your recommendation which router should I buy, I am a retiree, so not going to spend too much as the trial is only for 1 year then after recontract it will be either still cable or change to fibre modem. Or maybe even after buying the fibre modem router, I think still need to configure, which I don’t know how, so does you provide the services, and how much you charge?

Thanks! For reading the long message.





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1yjAgjF

No comments:

Post a Comment