Monday 31 March 2014

HELP - home networking issue

Hello guys,



I have a technical problem that i'm unsure what to do..



I'm currently signed up for a 100mbps fibre plan from myrepublic. The speeds when im running a directline is abou 80-95mbps which is acceptable. Problem is, this is when i'm running a 30m long cat 5E cable from the living room where my modem/router is located.



When i'm using my phone and macbook air from my room wirelessly i'm getting horrible speeds of 20-25mbps. I'm ok with that but only worried that when I use my main rig via usb/network card I get those kind of speeds.



My room is 2 walls away from the router and about 15m away.



I am only considering homeplug and usb/network adapter now as trunking isnt allowed by my landlord. Previously i've tried an aztech powerline and I got around 30-40mbps. This was quite a while ago, using my old tp link 150mbps usb adapter, I get around 10 mbps.



My question is there any recommended solution ?





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/QhhQyr

No comments:

Post a Comment