Monday 28 April 2014

Motherboard USB3 problem

Hi all, I have an Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 which comes with the infamous Etron USB 3.0 controller.



I recently bought my first USB 3 device (a HDD enclosure) and one of the two problems will occur:



1. File transfers work in burst: for 5s it may transfer at 70mb/s, then it will suddenly drop down to 0bytes/sec for the next 5s and so on...



2. My HDD will suddenly disconnect in the middle of the transfer and either show up again in Windows or stop showing up altogether.



I checked all the power settings etc but there seems to be nothing wrong.



Okay, now the weird thing is:



When I plug it to my USB 3 bracket (which connects to the motherboard's header), everything seems to work fine! I am getting consistent file transfer speeds etc.



So now I'm trying to figure out: Why is it that when I plug it to my USB3 bracket it works fine but the on-board USB3 ports can't work? It both connects to the same controller...





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1mRqw9y

No comments:

Post a Comment