Thursday 27 February 2014

Take note of M1 new hidden speed cap policy

recently, my M1 line has no connection. At first i thought must be M1 backend screwed up again which happened quite often. I called into 1627, the technical CS asked me to off my hp for 30 mins then restart. (quite a clever way to delay problems) After a few hours, with my problem not solved, i called in again. This time, the CS told me my setting could be wrong. (hello, i have 2 M1 lines, why didn't other had no problem????) Nevertheless, i followed the instruction to set up my xperia Ultra. Guess what? didn't help at all. So, i called in a 3rd time!



This time, they broke the news to me. They have speed cap my line. In other words, my 4G mobile line have an access speed of 0.0X mbps. reason being i have used too much data!!

In my contract with M1, they only mentioned there is a price cap of $88.xx regardless of the data consumed. What boiled me were:



1. why did the CS take me for a ride for the entire day, they could have told me from my first call in.



2. when i asked them the data usage level before this speed cap kicks in, they told me they cannot disclose the numbers. (???????) meaning we as customers, cannot know the term and conditions in our contract??? BTW, my usage level was 48GB on that day they started the speed cap.



3. this speed cap policy is new. Does it mean they can just add in policies at their advantages as and when they like????



4. when i asked to speak to their supervisor, DAVE, he didn't even dare to come to the phone. He just asked Raquel, the CS on the phone with me, to tell me even if i speak to him, the outcome is the same. what kind of supervisor is this???? *shake head*



5. they have no solution for me, not even if i am willing to pay. this speed cap will last till my next billing cycle which is two weeks later.



Frankly, I am disappointed with M1 non disclosure tactics. I feel customers have the right to know all the policies that are in the contracts. I will definitely bring my business to other telco since M1 do not value it.



Question: who can i complain to? M1 CEO? IDA? CASE?





via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/1flfSRH

No comments:

Post a Comment