hi guys,
recently been bothering about my wifi speed of my laptop. I am on fibre 200mbps M1 plan. speedtest shows I am getting about 70mbps on my laptop only. 200mbps on LAN.
I called technical support and I realized the wireless card in my laptop is Centrino wireless N 2230 and I did some read up about it saying that it cannot support dual band and that is why I cannot get connected to the 5Ghz Band and thus explains my 70 mbps.
I was looking ard and I am pretty keen on this:
Amazon.com: Intel half Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 pci-e card 633ANHMW 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz spectra 450 Mbps: Computers & Accessories
As I have no experience in opening up my laptop and such, may I ask:
1. am I right to say that I can change my wireless card in my laptop as long as it is a half mini card.
2. Any other recommendation for wireless card for my laptop?
3. Do you guys recommend that it will be better to get a USB adapter for my usage?
4. Is this good? Edimax AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter Review & Rating | PCMag.com
thanks for reading and sorry for the noobness here, I really lost touch.
regards,
recently been bothering about my wifi speed of my laptop. I am on fibre 200mbps M1 plan. speedtest shows I am getting about 70mbps on my laptop only. 200mbps on LAN.
I called technical support and I realized the wireless card in my laptop is Centrino wireless N 2230 and I did some read up about it saying that it cannot support dual band and that is why I cannot get connected to the 5Ghz Band and thus explains my 70 mbps.
I was looking ard and I am pretty keen on this:
Amazon.com: Intel half Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 pci-e card 633ANHMW 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz spectra 450 Mbps: Computers & Accessories
As I have no experience in opening up my laptop and such, may I ask:
1. am I right to say that I can change my wireless card in my laptop as long as it is a half mini card.
2. Any other recommendation for wireless card for my laptop?
3. Do you guys recommend that it will be better to get a USB adapter for my usage?
4. Is this good? Edimax AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter Review & Rating | PCMag.com
thanks for reading and sorry for the noobness here, I really lost touch.
regards,
via Hardware Forums http://ift.tt/KCmtiz
No comments:
Post a Comment